Tuesday 10 April 2012

April 9th/10th - Last Day and Home Again !

At breakfast on Monday 9th I had a chat with a homosexual couple re 80s music - they liked a lot of New Romantic stuff, and we found common ground in people like REM. Also spoke to a couple I'd met previously who had become engaged on Golden Gate Bridge ! After breakfast I checked out of my room, then walked up Russian Hill and the winding section of Lombard Street. Continued walking downtown, and visited the Cable Car Museum in Mason. Arrived on to Powell Street, where I bought a final batch of CDs in Rasputin Records and a pre-owned PS/3 game.

Walked back along Powell until I got to Columbus, then along there for a bit until I headed for the Wharf. Bought a picnic lunch and ate it in the hotel, then was picked up at 15:40. I found this walk very calming, and, while being sad to leave my beloved Frisco, I felt a sense of accomplishment. As well as seeing lots more of the city and going to Oakland Stadium and Alcatraz, I had done plenty of useful soul-searching.

At the airport I met someone who works at Tower Hamlets Local Authority, which works with the VOA (where I work). It emerged that we were sitting next to each other on the flight ! Flight was great, and arrived back in the flat c. 16:30 on April 10th. Unpacked, then had a lovely evening out with Shelagh - such a great way to be welcomed back. Tomorrow I need to pick up the pieces from the wallet loss and the Virgin errors, then it's back to work on Thursday !

Shattered now - have been up c. 20 hours. Goodnight ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment