Sunday 22 September 2013

September 22nd - San Fran Airport

I am writing this in the departure lounge at San Francisco airport. I spent most of this morning looking for a reasonably-priced watch as my previous one had broken. This was not easy in the Downtown district as it's full of plush shops. Eventually I found a cheapo department store called Ross and found one there for 50 dollars. I went into Rasputin on Powell Street and spent a fair bit on CDs. Then it was back to the Deli store for lunch.
I am very much looking forward to getting back now, and this will certainly be the last of my solo US trips. Now that I'm settling into (or am resigned to) my new life I am keen to re-build things in England rather than keep escaping to the US. And I am rather tired of travelling alone. I have met some very nice couples here - last night I got talking to Jim and Katherine outside the hotel. Katherine comes from Macon, which I visited on this trip. Jim comes from Atlanta and is a huge Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, whose music I was playing a lot when in Georgia. They were impressed with my tales of my month-long drive of two years ago. But nice as all this is, it would be nice to be part of a couple myself with maybe Grandkids on the way. If I ever become a grandfather things will be complicated by the divorce.
The weather here is bright and sunny - I dread to think what it's like in England. Whatever, I will not be putting the heating on until November ! It will be nice to have a few pints of good old English bitter after the stuff I've been drinking here. There will also be the new Roy Harper album to look forward to as I pre-ordered it before I left !
The As have clinched their place in the play-offs ! At last I have a team to support which wins ! (unlike poor Palace at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment