Friday 12 September 2014

11/9/14 - Washington to LA

Long day today so I packed up and checked out at leisure. I caught the bus to 12th Street, where I'd spotted a Barnes and Noble the day before. I bought a Grateful Dead live triple CD, a biography of Franklin Rooslevelt, and two magazines. After lunch I made my way back to Georgetown and caught the Super Shuttle to Dulles International at 16:30. The end of three really great days in Washington, which expunged the memories of losing my wallet on my previous visit.

At the airport I had supper and a beer and attempted to write an email. However I had problems accessing the Wi-Fi in the airport, and then Microsoft decided to disable my email account, something that happens from time to time if they decide that there's some suspicious activity - like me trying to use it ! - on there. (Postscript - as of Friday 12th the problem seems to have sorted itself out).

The five-hour flight was fine, and I divided my time between dozing and reading The Middle Ground. The only disturbing factor was someone behind me coughing, sneezing, and snuffling the entire way. I don't seem to have caught anything yet so fingers crossed. However that was nothing compared to the hassles I had with Alamo - firstly their shuttle was late, leaving us standing around outside the terminal for 40 mins. Then, having arrived at the car rental point, there was a long queue and only two Agents serving. So I didn't pick up my car until well after midnight  (3 AM to my body clock).

Having got the car I had a bit of a tussle getting the Satnav set up, but set off just after half-twelve and reached my hotel in Anaheim ok. I got to bed at about 2 AM.   

No comments:

Post a Comment