Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Driving Starts Today

Tuesday 4th Boston - had a great day yesterday walking round Boston. I went to Bunker Hill and climbed up the monument - 294 steps ! Sadly the windows at the top were all dirty, so the photos didn't come out to well. Went downtown and was sad to see that the massive Borders that was there three years ago was now closed. There was always a danger that that would happen, since the internet has robbed town centres of their soul - no bookshops or record shops anywhere now. Came back to the hotel via the subway.

Today I check out of here and go to collect my car. Hopefully they've remembered to give me one with an MP3 adaptor ! Then I've got three days to get down Interstate 90 to Chicago. I expect to have reached Albany tonight and Cleveland tomorrow night, and should arrive in my hotel (pre-booked) in Chicago on Thursday evening. I'll have two days driving c. 400 miles per day - these should be the longest drives of the trip. I'll probably blog again from Chicago as it'll be full ahead down the freeway for the next three days. 

P.S. Reading "Schrodinger's Cat" by Robert Anton Wilson. It's hilarious !

No comments:

Post a Comment